Welcome to Curran Tax Service. We're glad you found us! If preparing your own tax return is too time consuming, confusing, or frustrating, allow us to help. Call us today to schedule your appointment.
We take a collaborative approach to meeting your tax needs. We start from where you are– we ask questions to get a full understanding of your situation, then prepare your return using the information you provide. We are partners in this process, and clear communication is key.
CENTRALLY LOCATED & EASY TO FIND
We are located in the historic Intrepid building in downtown Duluth at 230 E Superior Street. Metered parking is available on Superior Street and 3rd Avenue East. We validate parking in the Medical ramp on 1st Street and 3rd Ave E.
UNDERSTANDING OUR RATES
The fees involved with filing your faxes will depend on the complexity of your return. Each tax return we prepare is as unique as the client sitting before us. Please contact us for an estimate based on your specific needs.
PREPARING FOR THE FIRST MEETING
Read over the checklist below, and do your best to bring what you can. We can take it from there.
Checklist for New Clients:
- Copy of last year’s return
- Social Security cards for all individuals on the return
- A valid state issued ID for the taxpayer and spouse
- Proof that dependents live with you, such as school/medical/social service/child care records. Please see our Tax Notes for more information
- W2s from ALL jobs held last year
- 1099 forms issued from unemployment, banks, mutual funds, IRA payouts, 401(k) and other retirement distributions, independent contractor work
- Form 1095 (A, B, or C) Proof of Health Insurance (for some ACA situations with dependents making over $6300, we will also need to file their return, or see their prepared return)
- Student Loan Interest Paid
- 1098T along with a financial statement from the school or institution
- Mortgage interest statement (Form 1098)
- Records for any business activities such as rental and self-employment
- Current pay stub
- A Check or proof of bank account if you wish to directly deposit your refund
- If you sold stock, or your broker sold stock for you, bring the information from when you bought or received the stock
- If you purchased a home, bring the closing papers
- Any other information or notices you received or anything you have questions about